This morning I had my 6 month follow up for the lump in my breast. The ultra sound wasn't quite as much fun as Monday's one where I got to actually see Kalia!
The radiologist came in after the tech showed him the results and told me that the lump in my right breast has grown slightly. Very slightly. 1 mm slightly...but it's still grown. He said it very well could be because of my pregnancy hormones, so he didn't want to do anything just yet. He's requesting another 6 month follow up and another ultra sound. He said if that one looks like it hasn't grown any, then I'm good for awhile.
The mass is a solid mass, which is why they're semi-concerned anyways. If it was a fibrous mass, they wouldn't about it. But because I'm young and have dense breast tissue (umm...thanks?!), it could just be that too. He specifically said he didn't think it was cancer, but it's a solid mass, so it's something they need to make sure isn't growing. He asked if I'd been feeling all right, and I told him I'm 9+ months pregnant, so 'all right' is a relative term.
I asked if breast feeding would effect the ultra sound outcome at all (like he thinks pregnancy hormones did), and he said no, so that's good. Hopefully this next appt is the last one till I'm in the clear!
The ladies at the breast imaging center had a good chuckle at me this morning. They asked how much longer until I was due and I said 2 weeks and 5 days. They laughed and said something about "not that you're counting down or anything!!" I told them that if I knew the hour and minutes, I'd be keeping track of it that way!
T minus 19 days!!! Please come before that Kalia!!!!!!!! :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment