Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy 3 week Birthday Kalia!

This week, Kalia :

  • became somewhat clingy.  She doesn't like to be put down for very long without one of us holding her.
  • fought off sleep every night but one.  We finally figured out if we use the 5 s's, she calms down really easily.  Swaddle, shhh, put her on her side, bounce (shake, but slightly), and then put her in her swing (I'm not really sure if that's the 5th s or not, but it works for us!), she'll calm down relatively quickly.  
  • Cooed while smiling twice.  So cute!!
  • Went for a few walks with her little hat on...adorable!
  • Puked twice (Thursday and Saturday).  Boo.  We think she gets motion sick.  Poor Girl.
  • Had her first adventure out with just Mommy.  We went to breast feeding support group.  All the girls there couldn't believe she was only 2 weeks and 1 day old because of how big she is!
  • Ate...A LOT!
Kalia also taught me something new on her 3rd week birthday.  It took me the entire day to figure it out, but instead of just rooting around when she's hungry to let me know it's time to feed her, she sticks out her tongue.  I thought it was so cute at first...she'd stick out her tongue like a mad man and then start bawling crying.  I went through 3 cry fests during her photo shoot before deciding what I had was good enough.  I'm getting there...she's training me, I'm just a bit slower to catch on these days with being sleep deprived!

Here's the tongue in action :

"I want my milk!"
And here's the rest from her weekly photo shoot :


"Sooo boring!!!"

Kalia with one of her serious faces.  She's a very serious girl.  She must get that from her Daddy!

"Listen Mom...we need to have a serious chat.  Enough of this photo taking business, lets talk milk."

"Ummm...you want me to wait to eat until after the photo shoot?!  I'm not sure that I can do that."

"Fine, I'll lay here for the photo shoot...but I'm not smiling.  I'm not happy about this!"

Lost in thought...about milk, I'm sure.
"Milk???"

"Quit shoving that camera thing in my face please Mommy!"

"Yes?  Can I help you?"

"So...milk time yet?!"
"Allright Mommy...I'm going to show you this tongue thing one more time.  If you don't get the hint that I want milk now, all you-know-what is going to break loose."

I didn't get the hint fast enough :-).

I've got to start narrowing down to just a few photos for these weekly posts.  They'll be more on time if I can do that!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment