- got us kicked out of allergy shots. I had to laugh. Kalia was napping when we had to leave, and was none too pleased about being woken up, and let the whole waiting room, and the allergy department know about it. The audiology department is attached to the allergy department, and there was a hearing test going on. The audiology nurse came and told the allergy nurse she needed it to be quiet, and I told her I was trying (Kalia would calm down for about 10 seconds, and then WAIL again), so the allergy nurse gave me my shot while I was standing up, and told me she'd see me in three weeks. Normally I have to wait 15 minutes to make sure I don't have a reaction...this week they kicked us out!
- weighed in at 13 pounds 9 ounces at breast feeding support group on Wednesday.
- is continuing to reach for more and more things. She's so proud of herself when she gets ahold of something that she wants!
- had a big play date and did really well with it! She napped to start off with, and then laid and kicked around and smiled and talked. There's a little boy that's 4 days younger than her at the group, so she 'talked' with him. Well, she talked. He listened. He looked tiny compared to Kalia!
- went in her new float in the pool for the first time (after Mommy lathered her up in more spf 50!). She's not real sure what she thinks about it...she thinks it's interesting right now...she's not sure if it's fun or not!
- made a few car trips without crying!!!! YAY!!!! She seems to do better if I'm talking on the phone...I think maybe the monotone voice of a conversation with someone else soothes her. It also helps that she can reach for stuff now, so her toys are great distractions, and can actually keep her entertained somewhat from point a to point b!
- went to the beach for the second time. She was awake and chatty and happy all the way to the beach, but it was naptime by the time we got down there. We brought her vibrating chair and sat her in it, but she couldn't put herself to sleep, and got waaay over-tired. We finally gave in and got her death seat (car seat) from the truck and put her to sleep on that. 15 minutes later, we shifted her to get a towel out from underneath her, and woke her up. No good!! The wind was blowing pretty hard, which she was not happy at all about, so we got to the point of no return and left the beach to calm her down. Next time, the car seat comes down to the beach with us! She hates it, but it's easy to rock her in it. If I could rock her in it while I was driving, that would be amazing :-).
- slept through all three volleyball games this week - yay! I put her to bed at 530 on Monday (because she had only taken 2 of her 4 naps and was so exhausted), and we just carefully put her swaddled into the car seat (you would've thought we were moving a bomb, we were so careful), drove to volleyball very quietly, and then very carefully took her from the car to her set up pack n play inside the gym. We put a blanket over part of her car seat to block out the light and it amazingly worked for warm up and all three games!! We had the 840 game this week, so it was a late one, and we were so worried that Kalia would be a little fuss butt during it. Whew!
- finally started letting Mommy sleep for longer than a three hour stretch at night over the last few nights. She was going through a growth spurt before, which was exhausting! Her sleep schedule right now is a little less than 5 hours, a little less than 4 hours, then either 2 hours and 1 hour or 3 hours and she's up. Now...if only I could convince myself that bedtime is sometime between 6-730 so I could catch that 5 hour stretch....
- came down with her first real bug. She's been pooping non-stop since Monday, and we took her to the pediatrician on Tuesday because she had a 100.0 fever. They ran a little bit of blood work and said that her white count was elevated, but not enough to be of a huge concern. If her temperature gets to 101 this week, we have to go back in for more blood work and urine tests. Poor baby is so uncomfortable, and is having a really hard time sleeping without being rocked. We've just started putting her in the swing to nap because it's the only way she can stay asleep. She's waking up at odd hours in the middle of the night, not hungry, but because she's pooped and needs her diaper changed.
- weighed in at 14 lbs on her 12 week birthday, Tuesday, at the pediatricians office. She's starting to get a little chunk to her legs. She's supposed to go through a growth spurt at 3 months, so hopefully that was it and I can get a break!
I still managed to snap some pictures for her 12 week photo shoot, but since Kalia's not feeling so well, I didn't take a ton, and they're not very smiley again this week. Hopefully next week she's back to feeling like her happy self!
Oh, and sorry the lighting is off...with being back at work (this work stuff is for the birds, p.s.), I didn't have time to remove the quilt that is over her window to allow any natural light in, so this is all flash! We've got to get blackout liners for her curtains still!
And ... I've got to teach Kalia some manners. It is not nice to flick off her Mommy to tell me she's all done with pictures, regardless of if she's not feeling well!
No comments:
Post a Comment