Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy 39 week Birthday Kalia!

This week, Kalia :
  • figured out how to get objects from one hand to the other.  Mainly blueberries and cheerios. 
  • is standing by herself for 15-20 seconds at a time.  Half of the time she does squats while she's standing there, so she's building up those thigh muscles!
  • actually says Da-da and means it, I think.  Sometimes she says Daddy.  When Chris comes home from work she screams Da-Da all excitedly.  She says da da da da da all of the time and screams it excitedly too, but the latter part of this week, it's started sounding different than when she does it when she gets excited to see her Daddy.  
  • yells Ma ma ma ma (note : yells, not excitedly as above with Chris...sigh) when she wants me to come in in the middle of the night or during her nap time.  That's pretty much the only time she'll say Ma ma. She used to yell all sorts of things, including da da da, at naptime.  When she wants milk though, she knows to yell for me.
  • started saying the k sound and pointing at Kodi.  We make him lay down on his bed while she's eating, so she turns her head around, points at his bed and says "kuh kuh kuh".
  • started saying the g sound.  I have no idea what that's in relation to.  I mimic Jim Carey and say "it's goooood" for her food, so maybe that's it.  Maybe I should stop...haha!
  • has a new facial expression that her Daddy is not a huge fan of.  She wrinkles up her one eye and keeps her mouth closed.  She does it when she thinks you're crazy, she's unhappy, or she's figuring something out.  I think it's funny!
  • had baby Yulander over from Friday to Sunday to help Mommy celebrate the big 3-0.  Kalia was so excited to see him all day long every single day.  She squealed at him, talked to him, and yelled at him.  I don't think she was in chill mode the entire time he was here, she thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Poor baby Yulander!!  He put up with it really well though, they just played and played and played.   Her play area was amazing with both babies there!
  • got to play with Reese, Aila, and Baby Yulander at her Mommy's bday bbq on Saturday.  She was beyond excited that all of her little friends were over.
  • ate, and absolutely hated, asparagus.  She ate one tip, and then beat the rest of the tips until they were all completely smashed on her high chair, and then picked them off of the high chair tray and threw them on the ground.  Even without words, she makes sure she is heard!  She actually boycotted most green vegetables almost all week long, and I think it was as punishment to me for giving her such a disgusting one.  By the end of the week, she was back to eating broccoli and zucchini with her carrots though, so hopefully we've made a full recovery.
  • can drink from a straw and will drink my milk from a cup with a straw in it.  She kept trying to drink out of baby Yulander's cup with a straw in it all weekend long.  On Monday we went to Olive Garden for my birthday lunch and I got her a kids cup of water with a straw in it.  I made the sucking motion with my mouth, and then drank from my straw and showed her the water in my mouth.  That was all it took!  She's drank a couple ounces of my milk in one sitting, and will drink water like a champ from it.
  • is outgrowing some of her 12 month clothes.  I had to buy her some new pj's and I just went ahead and got 18 months.  They're a little big, but not much.  
  • woke up while we were out at volleyball on Monday, but did not pitch a fit to Nancy this time.  They were playing in her play area when we got home, and Kalia seemed just as happy as could be - yay!  Thanks Nancy!!
 Kalia still hasn't learned the "stay" command...I think she might sit still in any one day for a total of about 30 seconds.  Maybe.  That might be pushing it though.  Good thing Mommy has got some long arms to catch her when she does a flip off her chair (yes, that really happens...regularly...during the photo shoots!).





Her little face is losing it's baby roundness...she's becoming a little toddler!!  Stay tuned for bonus pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment